The Epsom salt has numerous health benefits. That’s why it has been used in many recipes by grandmothers for many years.
Epsom salt contains magnesium sulfate that is a natural compound. Magnesium is also very effective in:
- Stimulating sleep
- Relieving and relaxing sore muscles
- Detoxifying the human body
- Soothing sprain pain
- Stimulating bone integrity
- Relieving anxiety and stress
- Reducing the risk of diabetes
- Preventing the formation of blood clots
- Preventing hardening of arteries
- Relieving joint pain
- Reducing bruise inflammation
Epsom salt can be used as a beauty product, cleaning product or as a medicine. Moreover, Epsom salt can be also used to stimulate the growth of plants and flowers.
Epsom salt is also used for treating numerous health problems, including:
1. A cough and flu – A lot of people suffer from cold and flu during the cold winter days, so Epsom salt is a perfect solution in cases of flu and cough. Just put Epsom salt in a hot bath, and soak for 15 minutes. The Epsom salt will relieve the symptoms of cold and flu immediately.
2. Muscle pain and aches – Add two cups of Epsom salt in a hot bath, and soak for 10 minutes. You will see the results immediately.
3. Stress – Put few drops of eucalyptus essential oil and 2 cups of Epsom salt in a hot bath, and soak for 15 minutes, 3 times per week.
4. Acne – Epsom salt contains antimicrobial properties, and as a result, it can eliminate bacteria from the skin.
5. Constipation – prepare a laxative of a glass of water and a teaspoon of Epsom salt. Epsom salt contains magnesium sulfate, so it will relieve the stool and will treat constipation efficiently.
6. Hair care – Epsom salt can successfully clean your scalp and will destroy toxins found in the hair. Take 3 spoons of your favorite hair conditioner, add equal amounts of Epsom salt, and apply the mixture on the scalp. Wait for 20 minutes, and wash your hair.
7. Face wash – Use your favorite cleansing product and add half a teaspoon of Epsom salt in order to exfoliate your face.
8. Skin inflammation and insect bites – Take a glass of lukewarm water and add 1 tablespoon of Epsom salt. Leave it to cool and then apply the mixture on the problem area.
9. Splinter remover – add 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt in a glass of cold water. Mix it well. Then, soak a cotton ball in the mixture. Apply the ball on the splinter.
10. Foot health – Prepare a bowl of lukewarm water and add 1/2 cup of Epsom salt. Keep your legs in the water to get rid of the bad odor, eliminate rough skin, or sooth pain.
11. Mild sunburn – You can add some Epsom salt to your bath and relax in order to relieve mild sunburn.
12. Gardening – Epsom salt contains magnesium and sulfur, which improve the growth of plants and flowers. So, you can use Epsom salt instead of fertilizers, because the results are the same.
13. Crafts – Epsom salt is also used for numerous crafts, including fall décor, holiday jars, greeting cards, and so on.