Struggling with fat around your waistline can be a real challenge, which concerns many people. You should never disregard the stomach fat, because it is one of the risk factors for developing high cholesterol, inflammation, heart disease, stroke, and diabetes. This type of fat is not always related to obesity, but can be a serious threat for your health.
A research has shown that people with normal weight and stomach fat, for example men over 40 inches and women over 34 inches, are exposed to greater risk of dying younger, than those who are obese.
But, don’t panic. Following a healthy diet and being physically active, can help you get rid of the stubborn stomach fat. Remember not to practice crush dieting, because it is not a good option for your belly.
A healthy and safe weight loss at the same time is the best method. The combination of diet low in calories and effective exercises can make you lose between a half to two pounds a week.
In this article we are presenting you few tips that will reduce the excess of fat and get a belly well shaped up.
1. Mediterranean Route To a Flat Stomach
Numerous studies across 10 countries in Europe, have proven that this Mediterranean diet can be very useful in reducing your waistline. Its menu includes a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables, legumes, nuts, cereals, seafood and fish. People from this region, very rarely consume dairy products and milk, and consume alcohol in moderate amounts.
2. Consume Foods That Can Eliminate Your Belly
Apart from following the Mediterranean diet, here you have a list of fat-burning foods.
– Oats: In order to regulate your body weight, doctors highly recommend a bowl of oats every day. This food protects your liver and boosts your metabolism.
– Proteins: People who consume more protein, lose abdominal fat faster than those who don’t consume it. So, it is recommended to use foods high in protein, such as fish, lentils, quinoa, yogurt, and beans
– Tea: This hot drink provides your body with the necessary fluids and reduces your waistline. Tea contains polyphenolic compounds, which burn fat in the abdomen and liver. Consume this drink every day and you will prevent one of the most common diseases nowadays, which is obesity.
– Tart Cherries: This food boosts your metabolism and reduces inflammation. These cherries are one of the best foods when it comes to keeping your slim figure.
– Yogurt: A cup of yogurt will keep you fuller longer and improve digestion. People who often consume yogurt, are more likely to lose fat than those who don’t consume it.
– Blood Oranges: This foods contain carotenoids, flavonoids, vitamin C, and anthocyanins. These important elements prevent obesity and diabetes. Blood oranges effectively fight fat deposit.
3. Try the Ayurvedic Fat Scorches
Substitute the food rich in salt, fat, sugar, and red meat with fat-burning herbs such as: myrrh, rasna, and guggul. Also, the chitrak, black pepper, and cyperus speed up the process of burning fat.
4. Reduce With Exercise
Exercise is part of every diet method for losing fat. Remember this rule: Burn more calories than you eat. Don’t expect instant results, but one thing is for sure – You will manage shaping up your abdomen.
A group of researchers have made a comparison between the effects or resistance exercises, aerobic exercise such as swimming, walking, dancing, playing football and short interval exercises. The second type of exercise was proven to be more effective in reducing abdominal fat.
5. Strengthen Your Core
While exercising, your strengthen your musculature and bone structure. Oblique and stomach crunches, planks and side planks are excellent for forming your core muscles.
6. Tone Abs With Yoga
The so called cobra posture and bow postures in yoga will help you get a perfect look of your abdomen.