Beets are root vegetables that are extremely healthy and have very potent medicinal properties, which can offer relief in cases of numerous diseases and ailments.
They have their red color because they contain anthocyanins, which can also provide some anti-cancer properties. They contain high amounts of betaine, which is a natural anti-inflammatory agent that will improve the health of your heart, and some minerals and essential vitamins like iodine, potassium, magnesium, iron, phosphorous, copper and vitamins B1, B2, B12, and C.
Beets offer the following health benefits:
- They are extremely good body detoxifiers
- They will regulate the levels of cholesterol in your system
- They will effectively protect your blood vessels
- They will boost your digestion because they are rich in antioxidants, pectin, and cellulose
- Beets are extremely good in supporting the function of the liver, and they also prevent fatty liver disease
- They will boost your blood flow
- When you ingest beets, the aging process is significantly slowed down
- They will boost your stamina, endurance, and performance
You can ingest beets juiced, cooked, baked, or raw. But, it is very important to remember that you should not throw away the leaves. The reason why you shouldn’t do that is because they are packed with potassium. They contain as much as 644 mg. per half a cup. According to the researchers, foods that are low in sodium and high in potassium will reduce the risk of heart diseases and stroke by a whopping 21 percent.
Beets have a specific taste, but they are extremely healthy and you will benefit from them immensely!