Sauerkraut has amazingly strong health benefits and can stay fresh for longer period of time.
Health Benefits of Sauerkraut:
• Improves digestion: Sauerkraut is an excellent source of fibers, which is crucial for the health of our digestive system. It prevents bloating, cramps and constipation, and improves the bowels’ function. Regular consummation of sauerkraut restricts development of some diseases such as stomach and colon cancers.
• Increases energy levels: This food is rich in iron, so it boosts metabolism and circulation and increases energy. It fights against fatigue and headaches and prevents anemia.
• Strengthens the immune system: Sauerkraut is rich in one of the greatest boosters of our immune system- vitamin C. The high levels of vitamin C help in the production of collagen and white blood cells and in the regeneration of cells.
• Strengthens the bones: Sauerkraut is a rich source of vitamin K. Vitamin K strengthens our bones by promoting the production of a protein that regulates bones’ mineralization. Vitamin K prevents osteoporosis.
• Reduces inflammation: Sauerkraut contains antioxidants. Regular consummation of sauerkraut helps you get rid of the pain in the inflamed parts of our body.
• Prevents cancer: Many studies prove that the antioxidants in sauerkraut are powerful enough to destroy the free radicals, which are a key factor for the development of cancer cells.
• Improves the heart health: Thanks to the high concentration of fiber, sauerkraut is very beneficial for our heart’s health. Fibers prevent all negative effects of cholesterol in our arteries, which is essential for the prevention of cardiovascular diseases.
• Improves vision and skin health: Sauerkraut is a rich source of vitamin A which is very beneficial for our skin and vision. Vitamin A reduces the development of cataracts and macular degeneration. Vitamin A reduces wrinkles and redness.