Do You Know Why Do They Give Gelatin To Some Patients In Hospitals: When You Find Out Why, You Will Be SurprisedGelatin is a translucent, colorless, flavorless food derived from collagen obtained from different animal body parts. Gelatin is mostly used as a gelling agent in vitamin capsules, food, photography, pharmaceutical drugs, and cosmetic manufacturing.
These proline and glycine which are amino acids found in gelatine are very important for a good skin condition, nail growth, hair, weight regulation, and for optimal immune function.
Actually, the glycine makes 1/3 of the amino acids in gelatin. It has anti-inflammatory properties that speed up the healing of the wounds and easily improve the sleep quality.
But, why it is given to people in hospitals?
Well, gelatin one of the easiest foods that the body can digest. It is normally given to some patients in hospitals whose stomach can’t handle any food. When a patient is recovering, his body needs something that can be easily digested, which makes the jello a perfect solution.
The jello is actually a gelatin with some food color. It can improve the digestive strength and gut integrity by improving the gastric acid secretion and by restoring the stomach’s healthy mucosal lining. The gelatin absorbs the water from the body and it helps to keep the digestive tract’s fluid. It promotes good intestinal transit and healthy bowel movements.
Its health benefits:
- Gelatin is rich in proteins and 1 tbs. of it contains 6 gr of protein;-Improves the digestion because it naturally binds to water and this way it helps the food to move easily through the digestive tract;
- Improves bone and joint health because it contains amino acids that strengthen the joint’s cartilage;
- Helps with allergies and intolerances to food. It also heals the digestive tract and the lining of the stomach;
- Eliminates toxins. The amino acid- glycine supports the liver to remove the system’s toxins;
- Promotes teeth, hair, and nail health, because it contains keratin that is great for the hair, nails, teeth, and skin.
- Improves the skin elasticity because it is made up of collagen. Regular consumption of gelatin will make you feel healthier and younger;
- Heals the wounds faster because it contains glycine;-Offers better sleep and improves the quality of sleep;
- Helps the weight loss, stimulates the human growth hormone production and boosts the metabolism.
Recipe for a delicious jelly (Homemade)
- Three tbs. of unflavored gelatin;
- One cup of green tea;
- One cup of fresh strawberries or grape juice;
- One cup of orange juice (freshly squeezed);
- Stevia or honey
Prepare the green tea and add some stevia or honey. Then, add the gelatin and mix well until the gelatin is dissolved. Leave it to cool. Then, add the grape and orange juice and mix again. Finally, pour it into a clean container and refrigerate it for 3 hours. Now, the jelly is ready for consumption.