Everyone loves this yellow, sweet and creamy tropical fruit. They have been our favorites for centuries now. Bananas are known to be the ultra-powerful food, popular for their ability to give us energy, make us feel full, and give our body all the nutrients that it needs.
They are rich in vitamins, fibers, and naturals sugars like fructose and sucrose. Undoubtedly, the best way to start your day is with a banana. They are part of almost every doctor’s recommendation.
We have the habit of throwing them away when we notice the black spots appearing on them and when they turn brown and mushy. We tend to do this, because we think they’re rotten, which usually is the case with most fruits. But, you don’t know that these dark spots are not a sign of rotting. They are actually a sign of ripening. As a matter of fact, the more brown spots they have, the better. These spots represent the TNF (Tumor Necrosis Factor) which starts to develop, and the more spots, the higher are the levels of this factor. TNF is a cancer fighting substance, being able to successfully fight against abnormal cells in the body. To be more specific precise, TNF helps to promote communication between cells in our immune response system and it guides the movement of cells towards areas in our body which are infected or inflamed. So, this property combined with the high level of antioxidants you get a super powerful weapon which fights off infections and even cancer. Knowing this, you will never throw away a banana with brown spots ever again.
They have numerous other benefits. Continue reading to find out more information about this ‘’golden fruit.’’
What benefits will your body get by consuming 2 bananas a day?
- Heartburn – Since, bananas are natural anti-acid, they can relive this unpleasant feeling in a minute. Grab a banana immediately and you’ll definitely feel better.
- Blood pressure – Being rich in potassium, and having almost no sodium, it means that they are good for the health of your heart. They keep the blood pressure under control and prevent stroke or a heart attack.
- Energy – They are full of vitamins, minerals and low glycemic carbs which increase your energy. The high amount of potassium prevents muscle cramps. They are also a great pre-workout snack.
- Anemia – Bananas are great source of iron which means that people suffering from anemia can receive great benefits from their consummation. Iron promotes the production of hemoglobin, an essential protein for your blood, and at the same time strengthening the blood supply.
- Ulcers – Luckily, you have your bananas to help you treat this condition. As they are soft and mushy, they protect the stomach lining from acid and irritation.
- Depression – Yes, you might be surprised, but this exotic fruit can improve your mood. This is due to the fact that they are rich in tryptophan, which with the process of digestion, is converted into serotonin. Serotonin is the neurotransmitter which gives us the feeling of happiness, leaving us relaxed and in better mood.
- Constipation – As we mentioned earlier, bananas are rich in fiber and if you are suffering from constipation, this fruit is the perfect solution for this condition.
- Nerves and PMS – If you are feeling stressed out, take a banana to calm yourself down. They keep the blood sugar balanced and have high amount of B vitamins, which calm the nerves in a natural way. Hence, you feel much relaxed and your mental health is in a much better condition.
- Temperature control – As surprisingly as it sounds, bananas can bring down your temperature and cool you off. So, if you are felling hot or if you have a fever, try consuming this natural medication.