Have you ever had a feeling like your head is going to explode? Or a pulsing sensation in your head accompanied by nausea and vomiting ? You are experiencing severe pain and with every move you take your pain is increasing even more. Under this condition, you also become sensitive to light and noise, and you have a terrible feeling that you are impotent to do anything to make it stop. These symptoms lead to one thing – migraine, the primary headache disorder.
It is a result of constricted blood vessels and cause inability to fulfill your everyday routine. You lose concentration, it impedes you to rest and relax, and your energy is brought down to zero. People often turn to medications, like ibuprofen in order to reduce the pain. But, these products can have some side-effects and considering the fact that these headaches can be recurring, finding natural solution is safer and lasting option.
Try practicing the following tips to get rid of this unpleasant condition. See what best suits you.
1. Foods that prevent migraines
– Omega-3 foods
– Nuts, seeds, salmon, sardine (they control blood flow and lower inflammation)
– Organic fruits and vegetables (they are high in magnesium and other key electrolytes, which have the ability to control blood flow and muscular functions)
– Magnesium-rich foods such as: spinach, swiss chard, pumpkin seeds, yogurt, kefir, almonds, black beans, avocado, figs, dates, bananas, an sweet potatoes.
– Protein foods such as: grass-fed beef and poultry, wild-caught fish, beans, and legumes.
– Foods which contain B vitamins especially B2 (riboflavin) such as: green leafy veggies, beans and legumes, nuts and seed, organ meat, and certain dairy products.
2. Foods that worsen migraines
Experts on this issue claim that up to 40% of migraines could be prevented if people improve their diet. By having poor diet, in which processed grains and sodium prevail, the risk of migraine occurrence is higher. So you need to avoid these foods:
– Added sugar
– Refined grain products
– Conventional dairy products
– Aged cheeses
– Pickled fish
– Breads or pastries made with gluten and yeast
– Red wine and other types of alcohol (especially if they are consumed in large amounts)
– Chocolate (because it contains a chemical called phenylethylamine that sometimes causes blood flow changes which results in headaches)
– Drinks that contain caffeine (to some people, one cup of coffee or tea in a day, can help headaches, but if you exaggerate, you will be facing headaches)
– Eggs (especially if someone has an unknown allergy to them)
– Artificial food additives and artificial sweeteners
– Flavor enhancers and preservatives in packaged foods
– Very cold foods
– Processed meats such as hot dogs, cold cuts, salami, bacon, and ham (they contain nitrates)
– Fast food and fried food
Also, another important advice is to avoid extreme dieting, skipping meals, and excess of caffeine. In order to prevent dehydration drink natural drinks and eat balanced food to keep your blood sugar levels normal.
3. Essential oils will help you treat this problem
They are natural remedies, having the power to act against the irresistible pain. They will also help you to relax and relieve you from anxiety. They can also reduce inflammation, stimulate blood flow, keep the hormones at a balanced level, and minimize muscular pressure.
Essential oils can be applied the side of the head where you feel the pain, neck and elsewhere to alleviate muscular tension and stress. Just apply several drops of an oil to a heated towel for about 15 minutes. Peppermint, lavender, eucalyptus, Frankincense oil, rosemary are the essential oils that you need to improve your quality of life.
4. Natural remedy technique with Himalayan salt
– Take some Himalayan salt crystals and grind them into a fine powder.
– Mix the powder with lemon juice and drink it.
But when trying this recipe for the first time, the ideal amount of salt would be one tablespoon of Himalayan salt (crushed into powder not in crystal form) and four ounces of lemon juice. If this remedy seems too strong for you, add either lemon juice or water. Keep in mind not to add more than eight ounces of fluid per tablespoon of Himalayan salt.
This simple recipe will help you to put an end to the headache that is torturing you.