Asthma is a respiratory condition which is manifested by spasms in the bronchi of the lungs, hence causing difficulty in breathing. It usually comes as a result of an allergic reaction or other forms of hypersensitivity. Typical symptoms include: wheezy sound in your chest, coughing, chest pressure, and shortness of breath. People diagnosed with this condition have irritated lungs, tightened muscles and an increased phlegm production in the throat that goes on and on. Therefore, they experience constant coughing and shortness of breath.
Asthma patients use inhalers, which relieve the symptoms of this disease. Since these asthma reliever inhalers are hand-held portable devices, act quickly and effectively to treat an asthma attack on-the-spot. But, their constant use is bad for your health, since they are not natural and contain a lot of chemicals, including steroids.
Luckily, there are cases of asthma patients who have cured this disease naturally. The first thing you should do is make some changes in your diet. Start leading a healthy life and consuming healthy foods that are known for their ability to reduce inflammation and boost your energy.
In this way, you will no longer need the inhaler, because you will be consuming healthy food, beneficial for treating asthma.
In this article, we are giving you a list of foods that you should consume, and foods that you need to avoid. Taking the recommended amount of food is very important as well, so take a look at these servings:
– Lemon juice and a small glass of juice wheatgrass.
– Half a bunch of capsicum, two and a half bunches of watercress, half a cup of lemon juice, ¼ cucumber, and one pineapple.
– One cucumber, half a lemon, and three bulbs of ripe lemongrass.
– 6 stalks of celery, a bunch of spinach, ¼ cup of lemon juice, 2 green apples, and a bunch of parsley.
– One fennel, 8 stalks of kale, half a lemon, 3 pieces of radish, and ¼ pineapple.
– A cup of cranberry juice, one pomegranate, and 2 cups of strawberry juice.
• Always consume food that is high in vitamin C and beta carotene. Consume carrot juice every day.
• It is highly recommended that you add a few stalks of celery into your meal. It contains a lot of chlorophyll, which detoxifies your liver and intestines.
To reduce the asthma attacks, avoid the following foods at any cost:
– Citrus fruit.
– Vegetable oils (corn and flower matahar), because they cause inflammation of the respiratory tract.
– Food of animal origin (milk, eggs, and meat).
– Sodium and monosodium glutamate. They cause narrowing of the bronchial tubes, leading to asthma attacks.
– Soft drinks.