Let us introduce you with the Frankincense oil – the King of Oils. This status that has is well deserved, considering the numerous healthy benefits. The history of this oil goes back to the ancient Babylonians, Egyptians, Assyrians. Frankincense oil is sourced from the resin of the Boswellia carterii or Boswellia sacara tree that is typical for Somalia. It has a complex aroma and it provides incredible feeling of peace and wellness. Besides aromatical properties, it also can be used topically and internally.
The quality of this oil depends on its color. When the Frankincense’s color is clear and silver, then we are talking about an oil of high quality. The lowest quality is of a brown-yellow hue.
Through the process of distillation, the fragrant resin is transformed into an essential oil with a variety of usages.
Look at these 19 different benefits of this miraculous oil:
1. Natural remedy for cuts, scrapes, wounds, and burns: One layer of Lavender oil and Frankincense on top, applied on the affected area will help in healing it. This duo is an ideal combination and it should be your first choice when it comes to treating injuries.
2. Neurological support: As we mentioned in the introduction, Frankincense has the most positive influence on your nervous system. It is excellent for stress relief, it helps with anxiety disorders, stimulates your thinking process, and it brings you a sense of balance.
3. It heals scars: Apply 2-3 drops of Frankincense oil combined with coconut oil on your skin. The result will be better look and quality of your skin.
4. It enhances your immune system: Massage your feet on a daily basis or let it spread throughout your home and feel the bliss of relaxation.
5. It reduces stress and negative thoughts: It will calm you down and it will bring you enjoyment. When being under stress, just rub a few drops on the back of your neck. This method will help you cope with anxiety.
6. It keeps your hormones balanced and improves your memory: What a superpower, right?
7. It protects your skin from aging: It is your skin’s best friend. It slows down the process of aging, it prevents pores and it gives your skin a fresh and improved look. All you have to do is combining few drops of Frankincense oil with unscented oil and apply it on your skin.
8. It relives you from tension: It will give your muscles the necessary relief, as one of the symptoms of anxiety and tension. It will also ease the pain, if there is any.
9. Congestion: Put up to six drops in a sink or bowl with hot water. Bend over it with a towel draped over your head to inhale the steam. Breathe for 5 minutes and add some more hot water. Keep in mind that the water should not be boiling.
10. It will make the itch go away: Apply few drops of Frankincense oil on the area where you feel the itching.
11. It eases joint pain and swelling: Mix with a carrier and rub into aching joints. This treatment should be done at night before going to bed and also throughout the day.
12. It solves your skin problems: Just dab one drop on those stubborn dark spots every morning and night and watch them disappear.
13. It creates an atmosphere of serenity: Add 5-6 drops in a diffuser. Breath into the oil and give your senses the highest pleasure. It can also serve as a perfume. What a nice idea, don’t you think?
14. It is efficient in eliminating moles, skin tags, and warts: Apply one drop 3 or 4 times a day until removed completely.
15. It improves your vision: Put 1-2 drops of this oil in your hand, and by using your index finger take some of the oil, and rub onto each of your temple. It will provide you greater sharpness to your vision, which means improving your eyesight naturally. Would you ask for more?
16. It removes musty odors: We all want our homes to have pleasant smell. Just put a couple of drops in a small dish with water and feel the magical freshness in your room.
17. It improves your oral health: You are more than happy to read this, right? Frankincense acts as a preventive measure against common oral health problems like: bad breath, toothache, cavities, canker sores and other infections. Have you ever imagined of making a toothpaste on your own? Well, it is unusual but not impossible. Try mixing the oil with baking soda and coconut oil and there you have your completely natural toothpaste.
18. Say goodbye to your troubles with sleeping: Having healthy sleep habits is very important. Diffusing Frankincense oil at bedtime will calm down your breathing and relieve you from unnecessary tension. Get a good night’s sleep thanks to this amazing oil.
19. It enhances the effectiveness of other essential oils: Just put one layer of Frankincense oil over other essential oil for maximum effect.
It is definitely not surprising the fact that this oil is takes the leading position among others. We are sure that this oil has already become your favorite one.