Plants are the essential source of all life on Earth. The fact that they produce the necessary element, oxygen, and their power to purify the air, make them an indispensable part of almost every home.
But according to a study done on domestic plants, carried out by NASA, some types of plants have the ability to clean the air we breathe, and at the same time eliminate some organic compounds that evaporate better than others. So, in this article we present you a list of 6 ultra powerful plants, that must be grown in every house.
1. Aloe – it is always a smart choice. No wonder that the ancient Egyptians called it ‘’the plant of immortality.’’ Besides the ability of raising the level of oxygen in your home, it also absorbs carbon monoxide, carbon dioxide and formaldehyde. What a positive influence, right?
2. Ficus (Ficus Elastica) – This plant doesn’t require much care, since it doesn’t depend on sun light. It is particularly effective in filtering the air from formaldehyde. But, be careful with it, especially if you have pets or children, since the plant’s leaves can be poisonous.
3. Ivy (Hedera Helix) – This plant can eliminate up to 60% of the toxins consisted in the air, and up to 58% of feces particles.
4. Spider Plant (Chlorophytum Comosum) – The most incredible thing about this plant is that it makes the process of photosynthesis possible, even under minimal light. It is also highly efficient in absorbing toxins from the air, specifically gasoline. Its biggest advantage is that it can filter the air in almost 200 square meters of space.
5. Snake plant (Sansevieira Trifasciata ‘’Laurentii’’) – This plant is one of the most resistant and durable plants in the world. Just like the ficus, this snake plant doesn’t need much light too, so the process of photosynthesis is perfectly realized. Being able to produce oxygen at night, you will receive this great benefit, by keeping it in your bedroom.
6. Peace lilies ( ‘’Mauna Loa’’ Spathiphyllum) – also exceptionally efficient when it comes to clearing and refreshing the air that surrounds you from the unnecessary chemicals and toxins.
NASA suggests having between 15 and 20 of these kinds of plants, in a 500 square meters area. So, 3 to 4 plants are more than enough in 80 square meters area.