Modern technology has changed the way people see the world and society and has a strong impact on our lifestyles. This means that we are exposed to many different chemicals and toxins.
We are surrounded by harmful things. We eat chemical-packed and GMO foods; we breathe polluted air and get in touch with many dangerous substances every day.
People are not aware of the risks, especially if we talk about food because they believe that the labels are a proof that everything is perfect.
This is the main reason why we have decided to create a list of 12 of the most harmful products that lead to cancer. All of these products are found in almost every modern household.
12 Worst Cancer Causing Products
1. Household Products – Ajax Cleanser
Ajax Cleanser is probably the most popular cleansers in the world. The Ajax producer (Colgate-Palmolive Inc.) didn’t list a toxic ingredient found in this cleanser. They didn’t list the crystalline silica.
Crystalline silica is associated with eye, lung and skin irritation and cancer. It has been listed as carcinogenic more than 2 decades ago by the MSDS. But, the number of products that use this toxic ingredient is reducing.
2. Whole Milk
Believed or not, the whole milk is packed with toxic elements that are not listed on the label. Some of these toxins include:
- DDT – a carcinogenic xenoestrogen.
- ANTIBIOTICS – antibiotics are carcinogenic and lead to allergies.
- HEPTACHLOR – a neurotoxic carcinogenic xenoestrogen.
- HEXACHLOROBENZENE – a neurotoxic carcinogenic reproductive toxin.
- DIELDRIN – a carcinogenic xenoestrogen.
- RECOMBINANT BOVINE GROWTH HORMONE plus IGF-1 – This combination can lead to colon, prostate and breast cancer.
3. Alberto VO5 Conditioner (Basic Ingredient of Neutral Henna)
This time, all the toxic ingredients are listed on the label:
- FRAGRANCE – a term used to cover several ingredients that can cause dermatitis.
- FDC RED #4 – linked with cancer.
- POLYSORBATE 80 – carcinogenic compound.
- FORMALDEHYDE – carcinogenic and neurotoxic substance that leads to dermatitis.
4. Cat Flea Collar and Zodiac Dog (Sandoz Agro Inc.)
This product hides the toxic ingredient called PROPOXUR. This ingredient is both carcinogenic and neurotoxic.
5. Talcum powder (Johnson & Johnson Inc.)
The talc is the main ingredient in this product. Talc leads to lung irritation and ovarian cancer.
6. Crest Tartar Control Toothpaste (Procter and Gamble Inc.)
This toothpaste contains several toxic ingredients which are found on its label:
- FLUORIDE – A carcinogenic substance.
- FDC BLUE #1 – carcinogenic
- SACCHARIN – carcinogenic
7. Covergirl Natural Finish Make Up (Procter and Gamble Inc.)
- This popular product hides toxins like:
- Fragrance – Unlabeled and toxic compounds linked to dermatitis.
- Parabens – linked to contact dermatitis.
- Lanolin – frequently developed with DDT and carcinogenic pesticides.
- Triethanolamine – it creates carcinogenic nitrosamines when combined with nitrites.
- Bha – a carcinogenic substance.
- Talc – a substance associated with cancer and lung irritations.
8. Beef Frankfurters (Oscar Mayer Foods)
This food product has many labeled and unlabeled toxins like:
- Feminizing and carcinogenic hormones
- Carcinogenic and potentially allergies-causing antibiotics
- Lindane – carcinogenic compounds that eliminate cells that produce blood, neurotoxic.
- Hexachlorobenzene – neurotoxic, teratogenic and carcinogenic.
- DDT – carcinogenic, xenoestrogen.
- Benzene hexachloride – a carcinogenic substance.
- Dachau – sensitizer, irritant and carcinogenic.
- Heptachlor –carcinogenic, xenoestrogen, a neurotoxic and reproductive toxin.
- Dieldrin – carcinogenic, xenoestrogen.
- The labeled potentially dangerous ingredient is:
- Nitrite – it leads to the formation of nitrosamines after interaction with meat amines and can result in cancer in children.
9. Lysol Disinfectant Spray (Reckitt and Colman Inc.)
Both labeled and unlabeled toxic compounds include:
- Ortho-phenylphenol – carcinogenic and leads to irritations.
10. Weed Killer (Monsanto Co.)
One toxic ingredient found on the label:
- Sodium 2,4 D -it can lead to lymphoma, tissue sarcoma and different types of cancer.
11. Clairol Nice and Easy ( Clariol Inc.)
It has a few toxins on the label like:
- Propylene glycol – leads to contact dermatitis.
- Phenylenediamine – can cause dermatitis.
- Diethanolamine – it leads to the creation of carcinogenic nitrosamine when mixed with nitrites.
- Quarkonium 15 – carcinogenic, sensitizer, neurotoxic, leads to contact dermatitis.
- Fragrance – leads to contact dermatitis
12. Zud Heavy Duty Cleanser ( Reckitt and Colman Inc.)
This popular cleanser is packed with a toxic ingredient that cannot be found on its label:
- Crystalline Silica – may lead to skin, lung, and eye irritations, carcinogenic.
Learn more about the ingredients found in your household items, and increase your awareness about the harmful things. We recommend you to stay away from such products or at least limit their use.