Many famous people including Christopher Columbus and Cleopatra, used Aloe Vera for its powerful healing properties. Aloe Vera, also known as burn plant, lily of the desert and wonder plant, originates from Sudan.
This wonder plant is packed with 75 active compounds. It is rich in minerals, vitamins, and amino acids that are needed for optimal health. Aloe Vera contains minerals like copper, sodium, potassium, iron, and magnesium and vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C, and E.
Due to its soothing properties, Aloe Vera is often used as a topical gel for burns, sun damage, skin abrasions, and skin conditions manifested by swelling and redness. Nowadays, this wonder plant turns out to be a multipurpose plant with much deeper healing and useful properties. For example, when it is taken orally it increases alkalization in the body; supports learning and memory; promotes normal stomach lining, relieves constipation, etc.
Read on to gain a better understanding of Aloe Vera`s properties and uses!
1. Remove Makeup: Aloe Vera has cooling properties that calm the skin.
2. Hair Conditioner: Take a small amount of Aloe Vera gel and massage your hair and scalp. Wait for 2-3 minutes and rinse it off.
3. Shampoo-Enhancer: In order to have healthier and shinier hair, you can add a small amount of Aloe Vera to your favorite shampoo.
4. Increase Hair Growth: Aloe Vera contains an enzyme which stimulates hair growth.
5. Treat Acne: Aloe Vera gel can be used as a very effective treatment for acne.
6. Prevent and Eliminate Stretch Marks: Aloe Vera has regenerative properties, so you can use it to prevent and remove stretch marks.
7. Heal Sunburns: Aloe Vera has antiseptic properties and is extremely effective in healing sunburns.
8. Skin-Moisturizer: Aloe Vera helps moisturize skin and strengthen skin tissue.
9. Treat Herpes, Eczema, Dermatitis, Psoriasis and other Skin Allergies: Aloe Vera is powerful enough to penetrate deeply into the skin layers, which helps treat conditions like psoriasis, herpes, dermatitis, and other skin allergies.
10. Personal Lubricant: Aloe Vera is a very effective moisturizer.
11. Shaving gel: Due to its soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, it can smooth your skin, without the usual redness and irritation.
12. Strengthen your nails: Aloe Vera can heal damaged cuticles and beds and strengthen the nails. You can either massage your nails with Aloe Vera Gel or you can soak them in Aloe Vera Juice.
13. Swollen Gums: Aloe Vera has calming properties, so it can calm the swollen gums and optimize body`s defense mechanisms. Just apply it onto the affected area.
14. Ease Menstrual Cramps: Consuming Aloe Vera juices orally reduces fatigue, relieves menstrual cramps, and alleviate pain.
15. Fight the Colds and Flu: Aloe Vera is rich in various minerals, vitamins, and amino acids, all of them work together to strengthen your immune system and to fight against colds and flu.