Baking soda is one of the most useful ingredients known to men. Baking soda can be used for beauty treatments, deodorizing, cleaning both outdoors and indoors, cooking, and health disorders. The list is endless.
Today, we are going to present you a list of 20 extraordinary household uses for baking soda:
Health and beauty
- Freshens your mouth– You need a ½ glass of water and 1tbsp. baking soda. Mix the water and the baking soda and swish this mixture around your mouth. Next, spit out the mixture and wash your teeth as usual.
- Heartburn – prepare a mixture of 1 tsp. baking soda and ½ glass of water and drink it.
- Relieve body odor –You can prepare your own natural underarm deodorant if you combine powder puff and some baking soda.
- Soothe your feet–Prepare a bath of warm water and 3 tbsp. baking soda. Soak your feet and scrub gently.
- Facial scrub – mix some baking soda and water in a ratio of 3:1. Rub this on your skin and then wash off.
- Polish silver –Make a paste of 3 parts baking soda and 1 part water and 3 parts baking soda. Use it with a sponge or a clean cloth.
- Clean sponges – if you want to clean your dirty smelly sponges just soak them in a mixture of 1 quart of warm water and 4 tbsp. baking soda.
- Clean the oven – use a mixture of water and baking soda and spray the oven. Let it act dissolve some baking soda in water they place in a spray bottle. Use the mixture to spray the oven then let it act and wipe it clean.
- Freshen your fridge –If you want to refresh your fridge, just open a package of baking soda and put it in your fridge.
- Longer lasting flowers – If you want to keep your cut flowers fresh you can add some water and a teaspoon of baking soda in the vase.
- Clean shoes – Make a paste of some water and some baking soda. You can use this mixture to clean your shoes.
Garden and garage
- Remove oil stains from garage floors– Take some baking soda and water and make a mixture to brush the stains and spots on your garage floor.
- Rejuvenate the greenery – take a gallon of water and add 1/tsp. clear ammonia, 1 tsp. baking soda, and 1 tsp. Epsom salt. Sprinkle it in your garden.
- Repel bugs – if you want to keep bugs away, just sprinkle some baking soda under the sinks and on the basement windows.
- Sweeten tomatoes – Sprinkle some baking soda on the soil around the tomatoes to improve the flavor of your home-grown tomatoes.
- Deodorize cars – Sprinkle some baking soda onto the carpet and fabric, let it act for 10-20 minutes then vacuum up.
- Make fluffier omelets– Make fluffier omelets by add ½ tsp. baking soda per egg.
- Remove pesticides – Fill the sink with fresh water and add ¼ cup baking soda to remove insecticides from vegetables and fruit. Put the fruits or vegetables in the solution, wait for a couple of hours and then rinse them well.
- Deodorize the cutting boards – Use some baking soda on your cutting boards, scrub and wash it.
- Take the feathers off chicken easier – You can add a teaspoon of baking soda in the water while you are boiling a chicken. The chicken feathers will come off easier and the chicken meat will be clean and white.