Two years ago an 11-year-old girl, Eliana Lawrence, from Colorado USA lost her gorgeous hair after using a celebrity hair care product. Eliana started using the product few days after her 10th birthday. She and her family shocked when her gorgeous red hair started falling out in clumps. It happened after the third time she had applied her hair with this famous product.
But the catastrophe didn’t stop here. Eliana’s classmates started bullying her because she lost her hair completely.
Eliana was so upset by the situation that she retreated to her home where she had to be homeschooled. She was terrified because she thought that she has cancer.
Wen Hair Care is the name of this terrible product and Chaz Dean, the famous celebrity hairstylist, is the inventor of this product. Wen Hair Care was allegedly natural and was even recommended by Brooke Shields.
Eliana, along with thousands of other people who experienced shocking results with using Wen Hair Care, is taking a legal action against Wen Hair Care for damages. These devastating results include itching, rashes, baldness, and hair loss.
It is unclear how the FDA has even approved Wen Hair Care, but it’s clear that more than 21,000 people are demanding from the FDA to recall this harmful product.
Unfortunately, instead of issuing a recall for the product, the FDA said that it doesn’t have the authority to recall products on behalf of individual companies. FDA added that the companies have to recall their harmful products themselves.
Eliana Lawrence has also sent letters to two Colorado senators. Her purpose was to encourage them to support the Personal Care Safety Act. This will give more control to the FDA about skin and hair products.
As customers, we should always be careful what we buy. We should always read labels of the supplies we buy in order to prevent situations like this.
Today, Eliana still has bald areas on her head. Even though some of her beautiful hair has grown back, a lot of her hair follicles remain permanently damaged.
Watch the video to follow the full news report.
Remember: It is very important to read every ingredient before buying the product!