We can all agree that when you use too much nail polish, for a longer period of time, you can notice some negative effects on your body. If you use too much nail polish can even lead to yellow nails effect.
Nail polish is known as a care product, but actually, it does more damage than good for you. Of course, we don’t want to make you give up on nail polish completely, but our purpose is to warn you about the negative sides of using too much nail polish.
After You Polish Your Nails
What is the main danger to your health?
Toxicity is one of the main risks of using too much nail polish. You should be very careful, because the modern cosmetics which is intended for the nails, hides the following ingredients which can destroy your health:
- Toluene – this is a dilatant that gives a smooth layer to the nails and keeps its pigment. It is proven that the toluene can influence the entire central nerve system. Moreover, it can cause damage the reproductive system.
- Formaldehyde – it is a colorless gas which enables the longevity of the nail polish. Formaldehyde can cause a stroke, irregular heartbeat, and even cancer.
- Dibutyl Phthalate – this is used for the aroma. This ingredient in the nail polish can cause some disruptions in the endocrine system, respiratory or gynecological issues too.
A group of scientists decided to make a research about the effects of nail polish. They included 24 women in their research. 10 hours after they put nail polish on their nails, the dibutyl phosphate in the body was seven times larger than the regular one. This is a sign for an alarming situation.
Choose a nail polish which will be safe for your health
Well, there are warnings on some types of nail polish:
- „5 free“ – this means that the nail polish does not contain dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde, and so many other harmful toxins.
- „3 free“- this means that the nail polish does not contain these three compounds – toluene, formaldehyde and dibutyl phthalate.
So, when you decide to buy a nail polish, make sure you read the list of ingredients because, at the end of the day, you are responsible for your own health.