Smoking is one of the worst habits that someone can have, but some people enjoy smoking instead of worrying about their health.
Some people are not aware how dangerous smoking is.
You should immediately stop smoking because, after some time when you look back, you will understand that that was actually the best decision you made in your life.
• In the first 20 minutes, your blood pressure will be reduced to normal.
• Eight hours later, oxygen levels normalize because the carbon monoxide levels in the bloodstream are reduced by half.
• 48 hours later, nicotine will be eliminated from your body. This means that you will have reduced chance of stroke and heart problems and your smell and taste senses will come back to normal.
• 72 hours later, you will be relaxed and full of energy.
• Two weeks to ten weeks later your blood circulation will improve.
• 4-9 months later, your lung capacity will increase by 10 percent and your respiratory problems like coughing will only start to disappear.
• A year later, the risk of heart attack will be decreased by more than 50 percent.
• 5 years later you will have the same chance of stroke as any non-smoker.
• 10 years later the risk of developing lung cancer will be the same as in non-smokers.
• 15 years later you will have the same chance of heart attack as non-smokers.